Welcome to APHIA
Asia-Pacific Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics Association (APHIA) formerly known as ASEATTA endeavours:
- To promote, encourage and assist the study of Tissue Typing, Immunogenetics and Transplantation Immunology.
- To provide quality control, standardisation and other support including research advise for Tissue Typing, Immunogenetics and Transplantation
- To educate the public and the medical profession as to the necessity for a coordinated approach to the provision of Tissue Typing, Immunogenetics and Transplantation Immunology facilities.
- To establish, encourage and contribute to scholarships, fellowships and travel grants for the purposes of promoting or encouraging any of the objects of the Association.
- To provide expert opinion to government and private organisations on matters relating to Tissue Typing, Immunogenetics, Transplantation Immunology and related areas.
Please Note - APHIA will not be holding a scientific meeting in 2017. Many members of APHIA are participating in the 17th International HLA Workshop which takes place in September 2017 and will compete for funding. Details about the meeting planned for 2018 will be forthcoming later in 2017.